ATTENTION: PLEASE READ THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS (”TERMS”) CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SITE. USING THE SITE INDICATES THAT YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS, DO NOT USE THE SITE. SERIOUSLY.
First, in plain English:
Don’t try an hack the site, don’t attack people in the comment, don’t break the law, and do your best to use the “Golden Rule.” When it comes to images and other content, all images and content on this blog are property of Jason Kelley/Food Geekery. This doesn’t mean all the recipes are mine. Any recipe/meal/etc I get from another source is property of that person and also I will do my best to link back to the original. If you steal the images and/or other content without sourcing back, it will make me very upset. I think I’m pretty fair, so if you want to use anything from the site, just link back. Amazing, I know… I’ll repeat that: All I require from you is a sourced link and credit where it is due. Simple enough, no? I love all the images I’ve taken for the site and I believe I deserve the credit. That’s really it. Also, I can change/add things here whenever I really feel like it, so if you’re wondering, you should probably check in here every once in awhile.
Second, in semi-Legalese:
These Terms and Conditions of Use apply to you when you view, access or otherwise use the blog located at www.foodgeekery.com (the “blog”). We welcome your participation on our blog and in order to keep the experience a positive one for all of our viewers, we ask that you follow the rules outlined below.
Links to Other Blogs, Websites and/or Materials:
Links may appear on the blog that may be used to link to other blogs, websites, or resources. Food Geekery (referred to as “Food Geekery”, “we”, “us”, or “our” herein) has no control over the linked sites or the materials, information, goods or services available or contained on these linked sites. We are not responsible for and do not endorse in any way the materials, information, goods or services available through such linked sites or any privacy or other practices of such sites. We do not warrant that any information is complete or accurate or that any information or links provided are free of rogue programming. If you decide to access any of the linked sites, you do so entirely at your own risk.
Food Geekery reserves the right to remove any and all comments that do not comply with the guidelines contained below. These include comments that use profanity, make personal attacks, or contain other inappropriate comments or material. We make no warranties of any kind with regard to the contents of this site or to any comments posted by third parties. By submitting comments to this blog, you are consenting to the following rules:
- You agree that you are fully responsible for the content that you post. You may not post content that is libelous, defamatory, obscene, abusive, that violates a third party’s right to privacy, that otherwise violates any applicable local, state, national or international law, or that is otherwise inappropriate. Furthermore, you may not post content that degrades others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual preference, disability or other classification. Language intended to intimidate or to incite violence will not be tolerated. In addition, by posting material on the blog comments, you represent that you have the legal right to reproduce, adapt, display, and distribute this material to others. We will not be held responsible for posted information that may infringe on a third party’s copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights.
- You understand and agree that Food Geekery may modify and republish the content of your comments. We may monitor user-generated content as it chooses and reserves the right to remove, edit or otherwise alter content that it deems inappropriate for any reason. By posting you agree that your comments may be republished by us online.
- You understand and agree that the blog comment areas are to be used only for non-commercial purposes. This blog prohibits any actions to solicit funds, promote commercial entities or otherwise engage in commercial activity through the blog comment function.
You agree not to interrupt, or attempt to interrupt, the operation of the blog in any way. Unauthorized use or modification of any information stored on the blog may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution under federal, State and local law. You may not use the blog for anything other than a lawful and legitimate purpose. You agree not to use the blog to carry out any unauthorized alteration of any data or information (“hacking”) on the blog or to conduct any activity that infringes on the copyright, patent, trademark, service mark or other rights of any person or entity. You shall not restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying any service conducted on the blog. Food Geekery reserves the right to limit or deny your access to the blog or take other appropriate action if you violate any provision of these Terms and Conditions of Use or if you conduct any activity that violates the rights of any person or entity, or which we in our sole discretion deem unlawful, offensive, threatening, abusive or potentially harmful or malicious.
Use of Materials:
The site is owned and operated by Jason Kelley/Food Geekery (referred to as “Food Geekery”, “Jason Kelley”, “I”, “me”, “mine”, “my”, “we”, “us”, or “our” herein). No material from the site may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posed, transmitted, or distributed in any way, except that you may download one copy of the materials on any single computer for your non-commercial use only, provided that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of Food Geekery’s copyright and other proprietary rights. The use of any such material on any other websites/social networking sites or networked computer environment is prohibited unless the material is credited and sourced. Except as otherwise indicated on the site and except for the trademarks, service marks and trade names of other companies that are displayed on the site, all trademarks, service marks and trade names are property of Food Geekery.
Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall Food Geekery or Jason Kelley be liable for any special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials in the site, even if Food Geekery has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event shall we have any liability to you for damages, losses and causes of action (whether in contract, tort (including, but not limited to, negligence), or otherwise) for accessing the site.
Modification of Terms and Conditions of Use:
We reserve the right to revise these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time by updating this page. Your continued use of the blog constitutes your agreement to comply with such revisions, so you should visit this page from time to time.
Guidelines to linking to this site:
Note: Anyone linking to the site must comply with the Guidelines for Linking to the Site and all applicable laws.
A website that links to this blog:
- May link to (or rehost), but not alter Food Geekery content
- Should not imply that Food Geekery is endorsing it or its products
- Should not misrepresent its relationship with Food Geekery
- Should not present false information about Food Geekery’s products or services
- Should not use the Food Geekery logo without permission from us
Any questions or concerns with respect to this Agreement or the site can be sent to Jason Kelley by e-mail at jason [@] foodgeekery.com
Terms & Conditions Version 1.1. Updated on 09/26/2009