I was craving a nice salsa the other day so when I went shopping this morning I decided to pick up all the stuff to make one of my favorite salsas. I have been cooking this up for months and have altered the recipe a few times and this is currently my favorite version.
Name: Salsa Fresca
This is what I used, but as with any good salsa, feel free to alter to your taste (do you want it spicier? Add more peppers. Less “oniony”? Add less onion).
- 1 Red Onion (diced)
- 1 Serrano Pepper (minced)
- 2 Tomatillos (diced)
- 5 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 5 Vine Tomatoes (medium sized, seeded, diced)
- 8 Plum Tomatoes (small, seeded, diced)
- Handful of Cilantro (or to taste, chopped)
- Juice of 2 Limes
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Make sure everything is well combined together.
- Let sit at least 30 min (overnight is best).
If you’re thinking that this recipe was too easy, sorry to disappoint you! That’s all there is to it. This usually makes about 6 cups, so base your recipe accordingly!